NEW and PRE-OWNED HOME SPECIFICATIONS
Like you, we are concerned about our community’s appearance and the value of your home.
To ensure a beautifulneighborhood, AmeriCasa Communities requires that all new and pre-owned homes must feature each of the following:
- All homes must be new or like new with Smart Panel, Hardiplank™, Lap Siding, or ABTCO-PRO 1” (hardboard) exterior and a shingled roof over the entire home, including any additions and expansions.
- Pre-owned homes, no older than five (5) years of age are preferred. Older homes will be considered, but all homes must meet or exceed all other exterior home specifications.
- Minimum square footage allowances are 800 square feet for single-section homes and 1,200 square feet for multi-section homes.
- A minimum of one (full) size window must be installed on any side of the home that is adjacent to a roadway. The community reserves the right to waive this requirement, but it must be presented to the community in writing and community approval will only be given in writing as well.
- NO METAL SIDING/METAL ROOFS ARE ALLOWED, but custom upgraded high end metal roofs are acceptable if submitted in writing and approved by management.
- Skirting must be constructed of Smart Panel or similar types of skirting and must be designed to provide access to water and sanitary sewer lines on 3 sides. Skirting must be vented in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions and must be completed within 30 days of thehome’s arrival in the community. All skirting must be approved in writing by management prior to installation and must be built to community specs, painted to match exterior of home and applicable building codes. AmeriCasa Communities offers discounted rates on Smart Panel skirting, please ask for details.
- Steps must consist of manufactured treated wood steps with handrails on exposed sides, with a minimum 8’ X 6’ platform for the front porch/deck and a 4’ X 4’ platform for the back porch/deck. All decks and steps must be enclosed with the same skirting material as used around the home. We do not allow decks to be set in concrete, they must be on solid cement block footers (this allows for easy removal) and the deck must be attached to the home for stability. Decks must be in place within 30 days of the home’s arrival in the community. All decks must be approved in writing by management prior to installation and must be built to community specs and applicable building codes. AmeriCasa Communities offers discounted rates on all decking, please ask for details.
- Front entry door to home must be a steel door with storm door and rear doors must be a cottage or steel door.
- A minimum of one frost-free exterior water faucet shall be installed on the back door side of home.
- We prefer all homes have a storage facility, but it is not a requirement. Sheds must have a shingled roof. Walls will consist of Smart Panel, or Hardiplank™, or ABTCO-PRO 1” (hardboard) or lapsiding painted to match the home. Sheds should be a minimum of 8’ X 8’ X 8’high or a maximum size of 12’ X 12’ X 8’ high. All sheds must be approved in writing by management prior to installation or purchased from AmeriCasa.
It is the selling Retailer and Purchaser’s responsibility together to determine and arrange the installation of the home. AmeriCasa Communities provides complete delivery and set and installation services, all of which will typically include the following (this may not be a complete list):
All vendors used to install or set up a home in an AmeriCasa Community must be on the Approved Vendor List at each community. No unapproved vendors are allowed to work in our communities including Towers/Toters.
- Obtaining necessary permits – no work can be completed on site until a copy of the permit is supplied to our office at homeowner’s expense.
- Complete installation and leveling of the home according to Factory specs or Texas State Generic Standards – Title 10 Texas Administrative Code (10 TAC) §§80.22, 80.23, 80.24, and 80.25, at homeowner’s expense. Water/wastewater hook-ups and for new sites, installation of lines from the meter to the home at homeowner’s expense.
- Electric, no gas hookups are available, and for new sites, installation of lines from the meter to the home. Electric connection will require a main breaker at the utility pole or box. Installing all decking, skirting, air conditioning (no window units permitted).
AmeriCasa Communities is responsible for the following:
- Providing standard base pad for the home according to Texas State Generic Standards.
- Installation of 2-car parking driveway & additional public parking.
Additional information about AmeriCasa Communities:
- A Security Deposit for the rental of the site is required. The amount is $500.00 and is due at the time the application is approved to hold the site.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $200.00.
- If you will have pets in the home, you must have them registered with and approved by the community PRIOR to bringing them home. We do have certain breed restrictions, and homeowners are required to pay a monthly fee of $10.00 per every pet (cats, dogs, etc.) All pet droppings must be picked up and properly disposed of in plastic bags, tied, and then dropped in tenants’ garbage can.
- Each resident/home is responsible for their own utilities.
In addition, AmeriCasa Communities does not allow the following:
- Exterior water heater access doors.
- Manufacturer or dealer name plates on exterior of home.
You may not store personal property or possessions outside of the exterior of the home except for community approved barbeque grills. Any barbeque grill approval must be in writing.
- You may not plant any trees in this community.
- All shrubs or flower beds must be approved by the community in writing.
- We do not allow any type of satellite dish to be installed on the home or the lot.
THE PURCHASER AND RETAILER OF THIS HOME UNDERSTANDS THAT THE HOME WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED TO ENTER THE COMMUNITY UNTIL THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET IS ENDORSED BY BOTH PARTIES, AS INDICATED BY THE SIGNATURES BELOW AND THAT THIS HOME WILL MEET OR EXCEED THE ABOVE LISTED FEATURES. Any exceptions to the above policies must be requested in writing (to the community) and cleared in advance by upper management with AmeriCasa Communities.